|A to Z of |
Why Why Why
| Next |
Working with Dreams and Images
The Wishing concept literally means imagining a target with thoughts along the lines… ‘I wish I could’… Such thought processes can be used in day to day situation, i.e.
‘I wish I could convince my manager my deadlines are unrealistic !’ could be rethought as: ‘I wish I could re prioritise my work to reduce the pressure on myself’
Active wishing may start with a unusual/frivolous wish which is worth exploring to uncover its deeper routed message.
- Try to visualise something you aspire
- Question why/what will it do for you, letting the vision alter if need be
- Repeat this as often a you feel necessary until the true wish you desire is fully revealed
- Drive this clearer vision into the distance (‘zoom out’)
- Begin walking towards it
- You may now feel more able and better aware on how to get to that distant desire