Soft Systems Method
|A to Z of |
| Next |
- Rich Picture - Create a rich picture of the environment, from different viewpoints, in an unstructured way.
- Identify thematic issues - Identify the general themes that appear from the rich picture.
- Relevant Systems - Select one issue / theme, and name it.
- Root Definitions - use CATWOE or similar to define the core of the system
- Conceptual models - create a model of what is needed by the system (not how it does it).
- Comparison - Compare the conceptual model (5) with the themes (2) and determine what is done well, badly etc.
- Agenda for Debate - use the information from the comparison (6) to write the agenda.
- Debate - debate the desirable / feasible changes proposed.
- Implement - Implement the changes agreed.
- Systems Thinking, Systems Practice. Peter Checkland, 1981