Charles 'Chic' Thompson is the author of What a Great Idea and "Yes, But...". His passion is inspiring executives, MBA students and children to be curious first… critical second while problem solving. He is president of Creative Management Group and is an adjunct faculty member at:
- The University of Virginia’s Darden Business School
- The YPO University (Young Presidents’ Organization)
- IBM's Advanced Management School
- The FBI Academy
- Accenture’s Center for Professional Education
- The Federal Executive Institute
Chic’s first book, What a Great Idea!, published by HarperCollins, was a main selection of the Executive Book Club and is also published in Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese and Spanish. In 2001, Harvard Business School released a case study on the speaking career of Chic Thompson entitled "What a Great Idea®."
Chic’s second book, "Yes, But..." is a guide to overcoming the bureaucratic language that stifles continuous innovation.
Chic received his B.S. in Chemistry from the University of Delaware and his Masters in Education from the University of Virginia. He then worked in new product development and marketing for:
• W.L. Gore and Associates (Gore-Tex®) • Johnson & Johnson • Walt Disney
- What a Great Idea
- Yes, But...: The Top 40 Killer Phrases and How You Can Fight Them