|A to Z of |
| Previous Technique|
| Next Technique|
A method whereby digressing from the original problem to stimulate alternative ideas may generate an accidental solution.
- Identify the problem and enter into a discussion
- Produce a list (10 or more) of arbitrary ideas totally unrelated to the problem.
- Select one of the ideas and discuss in detail all its characteristics.
- Look at each on of these characteristics and go into finer detail trying to generate yet more ideas.
- Continue through all 10 original ideas till you have exhausted all further ideas.
- Finally analyse the final (lengthy) list of ideas in any applicable way