Edward de Bono
Dr Edward de Bono was born in Malta and after his initial education at St. Edward’s College, Malta, and the Royal University of Malta, where he obtained a degree in medicine, he proceeded as a Rhodes Scholar to Christ Church, Oxford, where he gained an honours degree in psychology and then a D.Phil. in medicine. He also holds a Ph.D. from Cambridge.
Dr de Bono has written over 50 books, and is published in 35 languages.
He has made two TV series, "De Bono’s Course In Thinking" for the BBC, and "The Greatest Thinkers" for WDR Germany.
He owns and lives on an island in Venice, where he runs international seminars.
He is the Author of;
- The Use of Lateral Thinking (1967) which introduced the term "lateral thinking"
- The Five-Day Course in Thinking (1968) which introduced the L game
- The Mechanism of the Mind (1969)
- Lateral Thinking : Creativity Step by Step ISBN 0060903252
- The Dog-Exercising Machine(1970)
- Technology Today (1971)
- Practical Thinking (1971)
- Lateral Thinking for Management (1971)
- Po: Beyond Yes and No (1972)
- Children Solving Problems (1972)
- Po: Beyond Yes and No (1973)
- Eureka!: An Illustrated History of Inventions from the Wheel to the Computer (1974)
- Teaching Thinking (1976)
- The Greatest Thinkers (1976)
- Wordpower (1977)
- The Happiness Purpose (1977)
- Future Positive (1979)
- Atlas of Management Thinking (1981)
- De Bono's Course in Thinking (1982)
- Tactics: The Art and Science of Success (1985)
- Conflicts (1985)
- Masterthinker's Handbook (1985)
- Six Thinking Hats ISBN 0316178314
- Teach Your Child How to Think (1992) ISBN 0140238301
- Serious Creativity: Using the Power of Lateral Thinking to Create New Ideas (1992) ISBN 0887306357 - a summation of many of De Bono's ideas on creativity
- Why I Want To Be King Of Australia (1999)
- How to Have A Beautiful Mind (2004)
- How to Have Creative Ideas (2007)